The DT-CAT 6A/EA is designed to protect sensitive data-processing equipment connected to a POE++ (Power over Ethernet) network from transient overvoltages.
This SPD is qualified with the maximum transmission speed and cabling category used for these Ethernet networks: 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Category 6A.
Obviously, it is applicable for Ethernet networks with lower categories. The DT-CAT 6A/EA surge protector is deployed in signal network applications with data transmission speeds up to 10 Gbps.
The transient protection circuit is based on high-energy gas discharge tubes (GDT) and a network of fast response silicon avalanche diodes (SAD) to achieve sharp clamping of very large surge events.
- Protection class: Fine protection
- High-quality RJ45 sockets
- Low protection level at high current load
- Earthing via DIN rail or connection cable
- Support of Power over Ethernet ++ (PoE++/4PPoE) to 1 A in accordance with IEEE 802.3
- Tested transmission quality in networks up to 10 GBit/s (Class EA) or CAT6
- Rapid installation through plug-in version
- DIN rail fastening set and earthing cable included
Application example: 1/10 Gbit Ethernet, 10/100 Mbit Ethernet, PoE applications, IP camera systems, ISDN S0 interfaces